Friday, August 3, 2012

Tupperware

I am not paying much attention to it, but I heard some controversial story regarding the convenience of installing micro-waves and fridges in schools in Spain, so kids can bring their meals from home in "tupperwares". The measure implies cutting contracts and agreements with companies providing this food service, I guess. There is a little fuss about it. Some politicians dislike the idea, God knows why, and are planning to charge 3 euros per day for the use of the micro-wave...

To some extent, in that part of the planet, tupper assimilates to shortage and sad suffering, and opposes the mythological life, to which everyone is called for, of abundance and careless squandering. I kind of remember a Spanish movie a few years back -not very good, I would say- about the story of a couple of prostitutes. In my mind is one of the most emotional parts of the film, when one of whores is sitting on the curb of the street where she works, with two long helpless legs emerging from a quite short leather skirt, and her slim body leaned over them. In the rough surface created by her two skinny knees, splinters in every corner, she holds a tupperware from which the disgraceful woman eats.

As far as I can see, and diametrically opposed to those views, the culture of tupperware is a high one. It should be highly praised. It is tender and lovely. Stunned at first when I saw it in the States every day -in the States!-, now I am happy to say that I enjoy my food much more than any of the hundreds of sandwiches and stuff of Tottenham Court Road. Besides, nobody treats me better. And kids considered, the path to the tupper seems to be the first stroll in teaching them how to take care of themselves. The second lesson is this: time has a price.

(PLEASE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT).

No comments:

Post a Comment