Sunday, April 15, 2012

100 years

It is less than 3 hours to the Centennial now. Tonight was the night to show Titanic to the n power. Titanic, the movie! No TV network is doing it. No one seems interested, why? Channel 4 is showing Walk the Line. Nice, init? Superb interpretation of Joaquin Phoenix. It is the love story of Johnny Cash and June Carter. I once knew a June, a woman working at one of the packaging lines of a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility. Her husband left her; she was over 50, but she thought it was a good thing for her. June Carter gave a book to Johnny in  the beginning of times, in the hotel of a cheap motel, in the middle of the night, Gibran's The Prophet. A lovely book, deep, deep shit. My father bought it for me in the month of August, 20 years ago or so. Lovely book, the eye of wisdom. I read part of it for my cousin I.'s wedding. She is separated now. Still, I am fascinating by the tragedy of Titanic. The temperature dropped from 12 degrees to 1 C in a very short span of time that evening of 14 of April, somewhere in the North Atlantic. Jack and Rose, another lovely love story. June died in May 2003 due to complications after heart surgery; Johnny survived her 4 months hardly. Sickness got them first together. Sickness.... Got them finally together.

No comments:

Post a Comment