Monday, May 9, 2011

One

I've been off this past weekend and I have a row of four comments pending.

ONE
The Matrix of Facebook

Facebook is a virtual reality. Facebook is a would-be space where everyone is what he would like to be: good-looking, funny, healthy, happy and full of friends. What an abyss from reality! I could give you here a few good examples and anecdotes, but I won't.

A column in a magazine I quickly glanced at this weekend states that Facebook is something like a game to be play alone while actually being accompanied. That is, I understand, that the facebooker prefers to be by himself but he is actually in company of others. However, I think it is just the opposite: facebook is the planet where you play to be a social animal when, in many cases, you are scared to death to faceyourself, alone.

There is this place to have a sandwich and a cup of coffee here around Muswell Hill, one of these places too depressing, too gloomy not to get crazy when you walk by and across. I am sure you know places like this one. And, inside, there you find this man of about 50 or 60, alone, sucking the light of his laptop in front of him and a cup of coffee, consumed and dried, with the borders of the color of black muck, you know how it is, when you finish a bad coffee and leave it there for a while... I walk across and notice the man is in facebook, scrolling up and down the blue array of photographs and comments.

What a contradiction, hm?
Pure sadness. Fucked loneliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment