Monday, May 9, 2011

Three

I don't remember very well, but I would say that I said before that I spend the weekend off -not to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz- but off somewhere else in the West of UK, close, close to Ilfracombe on one side and Stonehenge, on the other... And so, I still have a thin row of two comments to make.

THREE
Watch This

Would you say that societies are being more vulgar than before, let say, 30 or 50 years ago?... I believe so. In fact, it might be the only real problem with us. As I mentioned sometime before, every day should be a battle against mediocrity. (Some day I must face such battle with this blog).

My good friend G. draw my attention a couple of weeks ago about this series in the 60s with Leonard Bernstein imparting some insight on pop music. I find it sweet and interest, not at all mediocre, and a good start point to regeneration. I am sure that S. will enjoy it, providing he did not watch it before.

After a good introduction to the social facts of that music in the 60s, Bernstein says: "Pop music raises lots of questions, but for openers, two of them concern me the most: why do adults resent it? Why do I like it?". Hahahaha, like it.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment