Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A history of heroes

Upon the mighty sight of the Aqueduct of Segovia, I have been reflecting lately that, from Ancient Times, men (and women) have managed to produce outstanding pieces of Architecture out of mandatory duty or shear necessity. I guess such feature of humans can be found in our daily lives: we strive to be happy and content, despite our daily difficulties, frustrations and, sometimes, overwhelming tragedies.
Today I have come across two cases of such persistence and resilience.
The case of A. surprised me. This man has been working for over 39 years, last 15 in the workshop at UCL. He is quitting his job to start something on his own. Wow! I thought this kind of things only happened in the States, but I am glad, anyhow, to learn other people do it, somewhere else. Good luck to him!
The case of V. reinforce my belief that I could never live in Italy. I did not like Rome the only and first time I saw it, and I feel that I would be unable to live within. But the story of V. is the story of a brave woman pushing her best without a clear purpose.
The song of independence is the chant of winds above the vast lake of one heart largely misunderstood.
(PLEASE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT).

No comments:

Post a Comment