Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Of England today

Now that Ted Hughes has been honored a place in the Poet's Corner of Westminster Abbey, I have to get myself a copy of The Hawk in the Rain. I know nothing about him. I have the feeling I will like his poetry:

"I imagine this midnight moment's forest:
something else is alive
beside the clock's loneliness
and this blank page where my fingers move.

(...)

Till, with a sudden sharp hot stink of fox
it enters the dark hole of the head.
The window is starless still; the clock ticks,
the page is printed".

**

I read in the tube that some burglars killed a few-week old kitten in the microwave once they found out nothing was worthy to steal. A couple of weeks later I read again in the tube that a young lady, in spite of the grievances she held against another young lady, did kill the small kitten of the latter in the microwave. It seems to me that even cruelty follows trends.

**

K. showed up today in the office with a notorious bandage in the lower part of his left jaw. He came straight from surgery. On Sunday, during a fight of Tae-Kwon-Do he got his jaw broken. A standard 4-hour operation that a skillful practitioner got it wrapped in about 40 minutes. He is a clever guy and holds the secret of a mystery in his own life, I feel, but I really got impressed: a simple story for a kind of serious accident. And he is just moving ahead. I wish him the best.

**

The UK has for foreigners a specil ability to scatter into pieces the myth. Take That, for instance. You see Gary Barlow last Saturday night on TV, or you learn of his performance (a rave) in the Albert Hall yesterday, and you feel his myth evaporates. He looks just like the normal guy in X-Factor. He is touchable. The myth, once more, works better (and only) in the distance... To me, at least to me.

**

The trial for the death of a young girl who used to work for Channel 4 seems to go on these days. Apparently, her lawyers, father and family spokesman are seeking justice on the grounds of being bullied by her former bosses. She died when she was of my age just a couple of years ago. She tried expensive things to find recovery and stillness... I thought, why did she not just come home? Home is the only place you will have at the end (don't lose it). Home is the place where one is awaited.

(PLEASE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT).

No comments:

Post a Comment