Friday, March 18, 2011

War, what is it good for?

The big piece of news today is that the so much feared Nuclear Apocalypse (Gunther Oettinger dixit) is no longer existent; or, if it actually exists, we must not trouble with it anymore. In a few hours, overnight, Fukushima and its reactors, helicopters and overheating, have been left behind beneath pages and pages of black upon white on the imminent war. The drama of human fatalities and all episodes of survival in Japan, long ago were vanished. An utter shame.

Comparisons are despicable; however, why is this war acceptable, and that War on Iraq, 2003, was not? The London Evening brings tonight in large-font type (quote is not literal) Cameron's declaration: "We can't just stand back and let him kill his own people". But, what was Hussein doing?! Was he not killing his own people plus exterminating the Kurds in the north for many years? After the first War in 1991 (that was a war for oil), the condition-sine-qua-non for Sadam to remain in power was to show evidence of dismounting the WMD, per UN Resolution. He did not show it, but the burden of proof was inverted and the stupid Western was caught in the trap, letting him breath.

The case of Gaddafi has been different, further more disgusting and immoral. All the West, the whole world became best friends with him!! The fact that he has been very faithful to his criminal activities, wide and varied, since 1969 has been of no matter, apparently, for none. Why is not anyone in the UK recalling, for example, the bombing of that Pan Am 103 plain, the Londerbie bombing in 1988?

For God's sake! They knew! But all they showed was smiles in exchange for money. Take a look (all photographs are taken from libertaddigital.com, March 18th, 2011).












Why is not anyone remembering this?

I dare say here something too bold, perhaps, or too gruesome, or too stupid: I sort of understand Gaddafi's views on this, and his refusal to leave. Regarding the killings of civilians these last days, well, it is just what Muammar can do the best: 50 years of practice is a lot of practice. This is what Gaddafi -who is 70 years old- might very well say to all today (the quote is mine):

"You, ungrateful motherfuckers! You drank my wine, strolled in my palaces, enjoyed my luxurious hospitality, take my money at full hands, taste my whores, and that's how you pay me back? You, big motherfuckers, cruel hypocrites; the first turmoil I have indoors in many years, and you just get your back on me? Fuck you once and a thousand times! I ain't no victim of your stupid political game, your inmoral waste of life. I have made you. I was already here when you were nothing. I am not leaving. Go and fuck yourself!".

I said before and I say now: I am worry about a plausible post-Gaddafi era. The Arab world is a pathless place, a suffocating desert plenty of rough ways, poisonous for the simple and genuine mind, a labyrinth for the good-hearted. I know nothing; have no idea, but I distrust whatever is hidden in the North of Africa, as much as I distrust the Palestinian claims as seen in the media. People might not want democracy; Gaddafi might represent the role of corrupted old crap who took away all the purity of its nation and its tradition, of its religion, of the true Islam, and this seems to be a good opportunity to get it back. Has nothing to do with democracy, I am afraid.

(PLEASE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT).

No comments:

Post a Comment