Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Soldiers of Love

I have been so busy that I did not have time to reflect on what to write here tonight. Again, it is too late, am sleeping about five hours and a half during the week; sometimes, skip lunch. And there is always that feeling of not having things under control nor working. I am so eager to arrive home in the evening that I am taking the tube every day; from Highgate I walk along Highwood up to Fortis Green. I am not reading too much these days; in the mornings, I travel clung to my coffee, looking at people.

**

The world is at war and I don't care. It makes me sick. I have only listened to the news in Spain while working after dinner this evening.  The principles and consistency of Spanish politician are as vast as a flea. Groucho Marx said, "those are my principles and if you don't like them, well... I have others". After supporting violent action against Gaddafi, the Government showed up in Parliament this morning. Only 3 members opposed!... Only the communist! Today, I am a communist... Oh, what a disgrace.

The Spanish contribution to the War is between the grotesque and the comic. If you can understand Spanish, don't miss the address of Carmen Chacon (Defense Minister) to the marines before departing in the frigate Perez Nunez. Groucho Marx would not do it better.

I came to remember that night of Christmas' Eve of 1990 when Marta Sanchez sang Soldados del Amor on board of the frigate Numancia. Watch it here (see the detail of the microphone at the beginning?).

(PLEASE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT)

No comments:

Post a Comment