Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Guardian report

M. usually reads the starting column of Tim Dowling in The Guardian magazine of the weekends, which I sometimes do, as well. Today, Dowling gave me the idea of telling stories in the blog, as opposed of merely dropping my mental insights (sometimes, depositions) as I usually do. I shall try.

The role of quizzes in Britain does somehow surprise me. People seems to love this stuff and take it seriously. The quizz Tim Dowling attended was to the benefit of a charity promoting equality in African Schools and was hosted, attention, by Jeremy "Paxmao". Each table was "captained" by a celebrity, Bruce Dickinson, Louis Theroux or Larry Lamb.

A party for notes of the same harmonics, isn't it?

**

Kristen Wiig would have feel as much out of place as Tim Dowling did. "It was tough walking into a workplace where everyone knew each other", she said to Emma Brockes. I guess I would have to see Bridemaids, despite my huge disappointment with The Hangover last weekend. Horrendous, awful movie.

**

Billie Piper does not seem to be a at peace with herself, I feel. She does not like her face, nor her jaw, nor her etc. She dislikes her man's hands. I look at her picture and say, "oh, yes, she has man's hands", and the Seinfeld episode comes to my mind.

**

I heard sometimes that you only need 17 seconds to judge and categorize a person you first meet. David Lammy seems a good person, a man cut out from a black-and-white photograph 40 years ago. His militancy in the Labour Party seems to me an automatic process of sedimentation, an obvious place to where he has been naturally poured off  after his background and personal life trial. I might be in disagreement with his judgements, but I find his analysis quite interesting and his experience moving. And like his writing.

**

Zoe is a beautiful name for a girl. It comes from a Greek word meaning "Life". In fact, the term "azoic" is applied to the elements in the column V of the Period System, of which the captain is N. Nitrogen is the part of air who does not bring life, pure a-zoe, as opposed to oxygen, zoe, which confers a life-allowance certificate.

(PLEASE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT)

No comments:

Post a Comment