Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mi Burrito Sabanero

I once was deeply in love with a girl and if I had to pay her a compliment, I would say that she made me really know my old friends, and made me see them as they were new to me.

Have you had a similar experience, perhaps just from a conversation?

This Christmas time I fortunately am experiencing similar feelings and discovering my very old members of the family, which I evaluate very positively. Their lives seem richer, more complex, more interesting. Auntie Claire ceases to be so and becomes Claire. I have always been a quite gullible guy and this may sound stupid to you, but for me it is a discovery, new, in a way.

Lest valuable is the story they tell itself; most enriching is the way of telling, the heart and history underneath. I know then that their winding paths do not differ from mine. It is only the old track we all face. And then, because of that, you value their lives so much.

Some of them are covering now the road of their grandkids, a second concentric circle of life, and they must be doing it just as it takes.

I can drop here today a children song which I just have learned of in social gatherings:

35 years ago, Hugo Blanco, A Venezuelan musician composed a Christmas Carol, which was sung by a group of kids with tremendous success, making the main solist boy, Ricardo Cuenci, a star (soon after, unfortunately, an ill-starred). Apparently, it is becoming much popular today in Spain amongst kids of 2, 3 or 5 and their granparents. They love it.

That´s life!

http://www.navidaddigital.com/villancicos/burrito-sabanero

No comments:

Post a Comment