Sunday, January 30, 2011

A mighty advice

It is late. Of course... It is Saturday night, the night when all stops, a truce for all weekly toils. And bloody cold in London. Had a great day, though!

I will be brief today, I want to sleep sound and get up early to enjoy my Sunday.

The Eagles' Desperado (1973) comes to me repetitively. What a mighty song! What a mighty advice!

"Desperado,
why don't you come to your senses.
(...)
Freedom, oh, freedom,
that's just some people talking.
Your prison is walking
through this life all alone.
(...)
Come down from your fences,
open the gate.
It might be rainin',
but there's a rainbow upon you.
You better let somebody to love you
before it is too late."

Out of the several interpretations that became famous, rather than the original or that by Linda Ronstadt or The Carpenters, I prefer Johnny Cash's.

No comments:

Post a Comment