Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"The Fighter", I'd say

"The Fighter" is a nice movie. I keep thinking why there is such a fuss about "The King's Speech". I watched both movies at the Odeon Theatre in Muswell Hill and I did not feel with "The King" a tenth of what I did with "The Fighter".

Perhaps, it is because "The Fighter" tells a story, and you know that movies are not stories anymore. "The Fighter" is a tough story and very well told. The work of the actors is wonderful. They throw into the screen characters absolutely real, humans suffering out from their weaknesses and striving to show that dim light of heroism that all of us have. They are no more than anyone of us. None of us is more than them. The set-up is great, make-up and costumes, light and photos. Even the script and Whitesnake. I can't stop recalling images in my mind of all that white trash, brother and sisters and the terrible mother; their sins, violence, miseries and petty satisfactions; their cowardice and lack of self-respect, the crack as usurper of the pretended heavenly bliss, the jail and the arguments... . The tatoo on the College, lucky girl's back, who works too much in bars, but has the power to restore other's dreams. I love the way characters freely get mad and sick and crazy, and the way others just take it as freely. I like the sad sense of humor travelling through an invisible line, parallel to that of the story, always leaving a fading, bitter-sweet smile in your face. Each character's live is a fighting, but despite all dead-ends, you can see always a delicate stream of light at the end of the corridor, an opportunity for redemption. Everything is possible, that's the American heritage I praise a lot. I don't know what else to say and am tired. Today, I will go to bed as to sleep at least 7 hours.

Go and see it.

A movie for all with flesh-made hearts, able to get damaged and ruined... Touched and recovered.
That's my bet for the Oscar's. I'm all in!

(PLEASE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT).

No comments:

Post a Comment