Monday, July 25, 2011

Fuck the past that is hunting

This morning, in the tube, a nice-looking girl was reading a soft-paper novel on something about "haunted by the past". In the evening, as I left the office, K. came along with me and ended up around a pint of beer. The guy is from Hungary. The story of how he managed to be admitted at UCL is an encouraging example, an invigorating and genuine one. K. came to the UK to start from scratch, to escape the endemic pessimism of his country, that's what he told me, and I think it is worthy to write it here: "I want to forget my past and start again".

"The life expectancy of Hungarian men is now 62. 200 hundred kilometers away, into the Austrian border, it is up to 78", he continues: "For twenty years, since the formal break-down of Communism (the very same politicians before and after the transition remained in power), I have been listening to the chant that all sacrifices we do are for the future, for our kids; but it is a lie, a politician crap, the future might never come. What about now! All we have to pay now is for the benefits of our future generations, all the taxes Hungarians pay (around 50 %) are for the future... Oh, what about living now?"

K. lives somewhere around the tube station of Manor House, in the Finsbury Park area, located by a Hungarian agency that keeps 11 people in a house with one bathroom...

The guy wants to be happy and is glee... That's a lesson. Period. That's what I learned today.

Good luck to you!

(PLEASE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT).

No comments:

Post a Comment