Monday, July 18, 2011

Show me

I have listened to this song a few times in the last days. And I keep thinking about it, just thinking on my own. Everybody knows Noa. Mira Awad was, at least for me, unknown, and I must say that it is difficult not to get attracted to this pretty woman of sweet gestures, thin lips and eternal eyes, despite her later support for the Israeli communists. I think she sings really well and I heard she can actually act.

However, there is something about two Israeli women singing to unite the impossible. Both has been educated faithful to their cultural roots, Jewish or Christian traditions, and both had education in leading-democratic countries. The only apparent difference in the song is that one sings in Hebrew and the other does it in Arabic.

The day the stage of Eurovision will shake -and, indeed, the very solid basal platform of the Earth and the seas- we all shall find a third woman and a fourth man from Gaza singing next to them in Hebrew. Oh, come on! Show me just one man from any Arabic country singing in Hebrew... If the Israeli can live with Arabs and sing in their language, why the opposite situation is almost a piece of science-fiction?

(PLEASE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT).

No comments:

Post a Comment