Sunday, July 17, 2011

When you become the victim of yourself

I heard that Francisco Cabral was indeed killed as a result (but not because) of the main target of the assasins: his music promoter. This promoter, Henry Farina, someone from Nicaragua, must not be clean wheet: among his business, there is a chain of strip clubs. A friend from Colombia told me: Cabral would apparently being offered a ride to the airport by Farina, and minutes later, their car was ambushed. Farina himself was driving the car and is, as far as I know, in the hospital in critical condition.

And I thought, terribly ironic! The man made messenger of Peace for Unesco in 1996, died from shot injures in an ambush; the man who fought as a communist, died in the car of a rich and probably corrupted business man; the man who wanted to give his life for a better cause, might have been killed unintentionally.

Sounds awful... But it is so.

**

Hugo Chavez Frias is going to die soon, I suspect. My Venezuelan friend, M., genuinely against his liberticide regime, told me that the cancer has undergone metastesis already, that the fight was over a year now. The now man in charge, the vicepresident Elias Jaua, of course, denies it, but it is easy to dismiss his statement.

I read that Chavez has finally decided to go to Cuba for chimio, turning down offers like that from Brazil. If you are to personalize such invitation, you should look at Dilma Roussef, former Energy Minister. I guess, she needs to protect the strategic position of Brazil in terms of gas and oil, and Venezuela looks a very important player in the game. I don't know, just a guessing.

Now, I think Chavez knows that his condition is serious and, most important, I think he would not go to Cuba for a cure. The excellencies of that country's medicine is what Castro's supporters want to believe (or capitalism's haters), but it is difficult to accept the fact that you can get a better treatment for cancer in Cuba than in the United States or in any other country in Europe. I mean, otherwise, everyone would go there, but, in fact, nobody does.

And so, Chavez, who is still very young, is sadly becoming the victim of his stupid game... And I bet you a pint: he knows.

(PLEASE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT).

No comments:

Post a Comment