Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I don't have sex anymore

Read last days a couple of briefs to two interesting women: one, a short Q&A-interview to Marianne Faithful in The Guardian; the other, something about something, don't remember where, with Shirley Maclaine as subordinate topic. The latter made the statement of having had sex with three different people in the same day; the former, far from being that frivolous and 15 years younger, declared: "Oh, I don't have sex anymore. I've given up".

I liked the image of Marianne emerging from the interview. She is 63 and is releasing her 23rd album. If she could start again, she would not use drugs... (Brings Johnny Cash's song to memory: "if I could start again, I will find a way"). She was happiest before being discovered; she attempted suicide in Australia by overdose of sleeping pills when she was 21 (six days unconscious). And the best kiss was the first, the one this wonderful guy named Ray gave to her when she was 14. She is frank: the single thing that would improve life quality is more money. Can anyone argue this?.. And most important, to the questions where you would like to live and where you would most like to be now?, she answers, I live where I want, I am where I want to be now.

Any lessons behind?

(PLEASE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT)

No comments:

Post a Comment