Thursday, April 21, 2011

Out of place

After 5 beers of Amber -Spanish beer, Zaragoza- I don't know what to say tonight. I am glad Madrid beat Barcelona, that's all.

My struggle with the basics of Continuum Mechanics goes on. A few days ago I mentioned the "point-transformation" as a starting base. I know now that the approach belongs to a field called topology and that it is a re-discovered philosophy of physics in the last decades. It is so nice... Hard, but nice. I am getting heavy -if I were a Portuguese woman, I would say, I am getting gravida-am getting loaded with ideas and pushing against all mathematical limitations. Things I must've done years ago, but there's no point in blaming no one, not even myself: circulation integrals must exist in approaching reality. You spend years gravitating around a single problem until you finally find the way to land it off; upon such moment, you muttered, oh, my God, what was I doing before?

That's life.

Too hard work ahead, perhaps extemporaneous, untimely. People of my age get important, have kids and throw bbqs in their nice gardens.

That's my fight: entirely on my own, in a basement, away from sunny days.

(PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENT).

No comments:

Post a Comment