Saturday, April 23, 2011

Seinfeld in London

On July, 2 Seinfeld will be in London, performing at the O2 Arena, the only one show. Apparently, the tickets were sold out quickly after the "box office" was opened. I must say that am not unenthusiastic to make any judgement on Seinfeld: I am a great fan. Some of my friends can tell you how much I bring out situations from Seinfeld stand-up comedy and show when talking or chatting about everything. Most of the times, they come just naturally handy. Seinfeld is the life as it is. I discovered the show sometime in 2003 when Fox, channel 4, was airing two chapters a day in the States, Monday thro Friday, from 10 to 11 pm. After it, it came Malcolm in the Middle. My friend M. was depressed and homesick most of the days, but from 10 to 11, oh, boy!, I have never heard a human being howling and laughing like him. And me too.

Seinfeld is the greatest show ever, a miracle of TV production, a conjuration of the planets, one in a million chances.

And this is what Seinfeld, the man, has to say about his up-coming performance in London and the Royal Wedding. I am certainly surprised at the acid level of his comments, potentially offensive. I guess that is called sharp mordacity. And the effect that the polishing of the years of work in challenging and cruel environments (amid the millions in your pocket) operates in you. I don't know. You might remember that six or seven weeks ago I posted my comments about the William Ramsay dinner at UCL and that I refused to attend it, even after buying my ticket. I was looking for the exact words to express my feelings at the time and I am not sure that I got them. Jerry is lending me a hand now: the English play the game of dressing, the game of pretend... I think this is a plain fact.

And that's it! Enough for today. Last night I did not post and today I can't stop. Oh, what is this?... You can see I have nothing better to do... Remember the "parking garage" episode, when Jerry, Kramer, Elaine and George get lost in the garage of the shopping mall and can't find the car? The episode begins with this words of Jerry: "why do I have the feeling that everybody else is doing something better than me on Saturday afternoon?".

Here it is a universal feeling... .

(PLEASE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT)

No comments:

Post a Comment